Boom Truck Driver
With over 60 years’ in construction, C. S. McCrossan is an award winning, family-owned highway/heavy civil general contractor with an outstanding reputation. C. S. McCrossan provides diversified construction infrastructure services to federal, state, county and municipal transportation departments. We are committed to managing our resources for the benefit of our clients and employees, and providing the highest standard of quality and safety in the completion of our projects. Our innovative approach in both construction and project management has yielded successful partnerships with government and private agencies. We value collaboration and cooperation and believe in extending respect and courtesy to everyone.
- Job Type: Union, Seasonal
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: Three Years
- Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/GED
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The boom truck driver will drive a truck with a capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations. All drivers must apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and may operate the vehicles for long periods of time. Drivers must be able to tolerate sitting for long periods during vehicle operation and may be driving over uneven terrain in construction areas. Additionally, all drivers will complete a pre-trip inspection prior to operation to assure that the vehicle is functioning properly, and must be able to maneuver a truck into positions following signals from other employees.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-year relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Must have valid class A CDL license
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to DOT and Federal Regulations.
- Ability to safely drive various vehicles.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs a variety of duties such as hauling, dumping, strapping, chaining and lifting.
- Plans route to insure the most economical use of time and equipment
- Obtain road construction materials from job sites and CSM pit.
- Deliver materials to jobs or return materials to several locations in metro.
- Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- Assist in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Grease truck daily.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Frequently sit, talk and hear.
- Constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel crouch, crawl and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Night work.
- Frequently works in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne dust particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
- This job is extremely demanding and often requires employees to work extended hours including early morning and nighttime hours.
- As part of the C.S. McCrossan Fleet Program, an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) review will be conducted. The MVR review will ensure that employees who operate company vehicles or personal vehicles on company business, are properly licensed, and meet company safety standards.
Knowledge of and compliance with all Company safety requirements, policies and safety training.
Benefits are provided through the union
Thank you for your interest in this position with C. S. McCrossan. To begin the application process, click the apply button above.
C. S. McCrossan